Friday 17 January 2014

quest for the zodiac

John Lash has begun a new study course on Celestics or forensic astrology.  It is star based i.e. based on the actual positions of the constellations in the sky unlike other modern versions of astrology, surprisingly.  It has been a long time dream of mine to study this subject matter with John Lash and here it is! and free and online. I can study in the comfort of my own delightful home and even have stellarium to assist when it's too cloudy  here in misty Avalon to see the starry sky.  He starts from the beginning and carefully takes us through the language and concepts so that we can think about it for ourselves.  It's also very entertaining.


There are three genres of Celestic Science:
astronomy or the naming of stars
astrology or the language of stars
astrolegy or divination by reading the stars
I studied astronomy of sorts at university as part of a physics degree and also astrology for years but never felt that I was getting the knowledge I was looking for, now I feel that I am on that journey at last.  A lot of threads are quite suddenly coming together, it's a very exciting moment to be in.

No comments:

Post a Comment